Plumbing issues can be a major headache for homeowners and business owners alike. From clogged drains to leaks and everything in between, plumbing problems can be both inconvenient and costly to fix. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to prevent plumbing issues in your home or business. Here are five tips to help you keep your plumbing running smoothly:
- Don’t pour grease down the drain. Grease is one of the most common causes of clogged drains. When it cools, it turns into a solid that can stick to the inside of pipes and create blockages. Instead of pouring grease down the drain, wipe it off your dishes and dispose of it in the trash.
- Fix leaks promptly. Even a small leak can cause major damage over time. If you notice a leak, don’t wait to get it fixed. The longer you let it go, the more damage it will do and the more expensive it will be to fix.
- Avoid flushing items that shouldn’t go down the toilet. It’s easy to think that everything can go down the toilet, but this is not the case. Things like feminine hygiene products, baby wipes, and paper towels can all cause blockages in your plumbing. Dispose of these items in the trash instead.
- Install strainers in your sinks. Strainers can help prevent debris from getting stuck in your pipes and causing blockages. They’re especially helpful in the kitchen, where food particles can easily find their way down the drain.
- Schedule regular maintenance. Regular maintenance can help you catch small problems before they turn into major issues. A professional plumber can inspect your plumbing and make any necessary repairs or recommendations to help keep your plumbing running smoothly.
If you’re in the Tyler area and need help with your plumbing, don’t hesitate to contact East Texas Leak Locators. Our team of experienced plumbers is ready to assist with all of your plumbing needs, from leak detection to repairs and maintenance. We’re committed to providing the highest level of customer service, so don’t hesitate to contact us if you need help with your plumbing.